Tiktok is an app for video sharing produced initially in China. The developers introduced this app in 2017 after they acquire Musical.ly, a similar type of app that’s focused on video streaming. Today, this app is super famous for the young generation because it’s where they express themselves via funny videos and dancing. The people download this app for about 1.5 billion times already, and that makes it quite popular.
With its rising popularity, it’s safe to say that’s the reason why people are into this app. Initially, a video app for lip-syncing, now, you can download and create your very own clips. You can put filters, edit, put stickers, and use more creative effects on those videos. People who use the Tiktok app are artists, influencers, viral memes, and content creators. And if you want to dig in more about this app, then here’s how to use tiktok.
Set Up an Account
After you download this app, the first thing that you need to do before you can use it is to set up an account. You can download this app on your iOS and Android device, and it might also be available on other operating systems aside from Android and iOS.
- After downloading, select from the recommended video personalization. Your options should be about: food, sports, beauty and style, talent, entertainment, animals, comedy, etc.
- TikTok also requires you to be 12 years old and above. You need to choose your birthdate because it is a requirement when making your account. You can sign up by using your Google, Facebook, or email.
- To finish making your account, place the verification that was sent to your personal number.
- Last but not least, make your username. After you do that, you’ll go straight to your profile.
- You can also customize any important information on your TikTok profile. You can add your display video or picture, username, name, by pressing the “Edit profile.”
Creating a TikTok Video
- To make your first TikTok post, press the plus icon that you can find at your bottom screen. To make a video, allow the app to access the microphone and the camera of your phone.
- Click and hold the circle that is red to begin video recording. The shooting will end if you take your finger off or if it’s already 15 seconds.
- Once you finish editing, you can now post your videos. You can also add hashtags and tag friends in the description. You can choose who views your video to limit the viewers, private, friends, or public. At your bottom screen, you can pick to share your clips to other social media accounts, press the “Post” button to upload.
On the right part, many icons can help you create a video. You can adjust the video speed, flip your camera, or access the beauty mode. You can also choose to use filters and a timer. You are also allowed to upload pre-made clips from your smartphone and post it in your TikTok account. Just press the “Upload” button and pick the video to upload. You can trim the videos, put filters and effect, and add texts on the video.
Alternate Way To Post a Video
There is also an alternative way of posting a video on Tiktok, press “Sounds” at your top screen, then pick a trending song. There are many genres and songs to choose from. When the song starts playing, click then hold the red circle; after that, you can now record yourself lip-syncing or dancing to it.
Now that you have an idea of how this app works, you can now join the TikTok community in bringing joy and entertainment to the lives of other people. Start making your video now and show everyone what you got.
Elizabeth is a renowned leader in the space of Health and Mental Wellness topics. Her work has appeared on more than a dozen influential sites and blogs. Her articles both focus on providing valuable information and an entertaining read that her readers enjoy. More about her work on – ELIZABETHMARKS.me