Sleep is essential to the health of human beings. If you don’t get enough sleep, your brain can not function well. Just like a smartphone requires a daily recharge; similarly, your body gets recharged and vitalized when you sleep at least seven to eight hours each night. But, due to the stress of modern life, it is hard for people to sleep early. You find yourself scrolling through your insta feed at 2 o’clock in the morning. You don’t want to scroll anymore, but it is as if you have no control of your own body. One might wonder how one can get rid of the screen addiction and develop a healthy sleeping pattern. Continue reading this article to learn useful tips to help you have a better sleep daily.
Prior Preparations: If you want to have a sound sleep at night, you need to plan ahead. You cannot expect to sleep early at night if you had slept in the afternoon; things do not work like that. Paint a mental picture from the early evening that you will sleep by 10 o’clock today. You must believe that you will fall asleep at ten. When you go to bed sharp at ten for a week at a stretch, you will see that your body will start cooperating. You will start feeling sleepy just as the clock strikes ten.
- Do not sleep during the day. If you take multiple naps throughout the day, you will not feel sleepy at night.
- Be physically active during the day. When you are physically active, your mind stays active too. In the evening, slow down your work to relax the body and mind.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, or tobacco products in the evening. Such items charge up your brain cells, making it hard for you to sleep.
The Bed: The softness and the comfort of the bed are major contributing factors to ensuring a good night’s sleep. If the mattress is too hard, you will not be comfortable at night. Therefore, find a pillow top mattress that helps you sleep better as such mattresses have a softer pillow-like covering on top. The mattress supports your back while providing a comfortable surface to sleep on.
Keep The Devices Away: Mobile phones are positive sources of entertainment that keep you awake at night. Do not use smartphones and tablets in the evening unless you absolutely need to. Avoid watching movies or tv shows on television as well. Instead, spend time with family members or call up a friend.
- Interesting books may keep you awake; therefore, no bedtime reading for you.
- Put the mobile phone on silent mode, or better yet, switch them off completely. You may also use app blockers on certain websites so that you don’t get notifications.
Turn The Lights Down: Harsh lights make it harder for one to doze off. Therefore, use soft lighting to make the bedroom a soothing space. The soft lighting will calm your nerves and make you sleepy. Turn the lights down at around 8 o’clock. Avoid office work after eight if you want to sleep by ten.
Lisa Eclesworth is a notable and influential lifestyle writer. She is a mom of two and a successful homemaker. She loves to cook and create beautiful projects with her family. She writes informative and fun articles that her readers love and enjoy.