Adderall is a combination medication of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. The medication works as a stimulant to the Central Nervous System and that is how it is used as a drug for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), narcolepsy, as a physical and cognitive performance booster, and as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant. The most significant part of Adderall is how long Adderall stays in your system as longer stays have greater effects. The life span of Adderall is different in blood, urine, saliva, hair, and it varies by the quantity of doses you are taking. So today, this will be the main focus of our discussion.
Here’s everything that explains how long does Adderall stays in your system:
The Importance and Reasons for Adderall Testing:
The importance of Adderall tests lies in many reasons. For students suspected with Adderall use, for employees if they are suspected, people with a criminal background, and for any people in particular situations the Adderall test can take place. Now the fact is the body depends on a number of factors to be cleared of Adderall. So it is important to know the factors and their time-span of processing the drug. Also, by this, you will get to know the time range of failing a drug test if you are under this drug medication. Many types of drug tests are done for Adderall use like tests in urine, blood, saliva, and hair. But before we start writing about the Adderall procession in the substances, we should get an idea about the time period of Adderall 20mg, and Adderall xr in our body as these are the most popular variants of Adderall dosage.
How Long Does Adderall 20mg Stay in Your System?
The span of Adderall in the system is actually more dependent on the particular person’s tolerance of drugs more than the metabolism the drug produces. But on average, Adderall 20mg lasts around 6 to 7 hours. After that, the effect reduces but not simply wears off. Because of this Adderall 20 mg is primarily prescribed by the doctors.
How Long Does Adderall xr Stay in Your System?
There are generally two variants of Adderall- Adderall IR and Adderall XR. Where Adderall IR has a really shorter period of lasting results, Adderall XR is the extended-release version. As seen on individuals taking Adderall xr, it lasts for 6 to 8 hours. But it does depend on the metabolites of the drug.
Now let’s look at the Adderall processing in the substances:
How Long Does Adderall Stay in Your System for Urine Test:
Urine is always the first choice for a pathology test. Similar is in the case of drug testing. The use of Adderall can be marked through a urine test. The metabolites produced by Adderall have a longer stay in the system than the drug itself, which might be extended up to 7 days. But usually, the Adderall test is effective in the urine for 3 to 5 days, which is quite long as compared to other drug tests.
How Long Does Adderall Stay in Your System for Hair Test:
Hair testing has the longest span of time. It can be expected for up to 90 days. Usually taking the person’s hair, the test goes on to the person’s hair follicles for metabolites of Adderall. A month span is a common period for Adderall test by hair.
How Long Does Adderall Stay in Your System for Saliva Test:
Yes, this sounds uncommon. But a Saliva test is popular when it comes to Adderall drug testing. The saliva of the particular person is taken and then tested for metabolites. Just after 20 minutes of drug consumption, the test might be taken. And, the span that Saliva can give is almost 2 days.
How Long Does Adderall Stay in Your System for Blood Test:
Though blood test is favored for many Medical diagnosis programs, it is not that effective for Adderall tests for it has a span of 12-24 hours in blood. But it also depends on body metabolism.
But along with the knowledge about how long does Adderall stays in your system, one should also be aware of the factors that control the time-period of Adderall in the body.
- Your Height and Weight – The composition of your body has a greater significance in deciding the lasting of Adderall. The amphetamine salts do not bind to fat. So someone with body fat has a shorter chance to hold the drug within the system than a person who has low fat and good muscles. To elaborate, an individual with good muscle usually owns a higher level of water in the body. And, Adderall ingredients are hydrophilic, which makes them well-circulated in the body for a longer time.
- Food Consumption – Food does not ensure how fast Adderall will work in the system, but it definitely ensures how fast or how slow the body will be clearing it off. If the individual has a stomach full of food, the body will also focus on metabolizing the food as well as the drug. Hence, it will take longer for the drug to come out of the body completely.
- Frequency of Dosage – The amount of dosage you take will decide its span. Simply, the more you consume, the more it will take to be cleared off. Also, it depends on the period of consuming the drug by the person. Someone who has been taking this drug for a while now will surely give the drug more time in the system than the person who has just started it.
- Kidney and Liver – Organs like the kidney and liver play a major role in keeping Adderall in the body. If your kidney and liver are not good in conditions, the process will take longer. If it is the problem with the kidney, the drug may get stuck in the kidney and if the problem is in the liver, which works to metabolize, the process becomes slower as well.
- Mental Factors – The mental state is the key to anything you take up. It controls the lasting impact of the drug. People with special mental conditions like anxiety, depression, trauma, stress generally take longer to process the drug.
So this is all about Adderall, its usages, and how it functions in the body. There are more things to know about it. The fact is, though it has been made popular for its effective results, it is not deprived of negative side-effects. And, these side-effects usually depend on how long does Adderall stay in your system. Therefore, it is important that we have genuine knowledge of drug medication like Adderall.