After a long tiring day at work, all you look forward to is returning home and hitting the bed to get a good night’s sleep. Have you ever wondered what role your bed mattress plays in this? The mattress of your bed directly affects the quality of your sleep and your health. Now you are probably looking to buy a mattress online. In that case, which is the best mattress in India? The most critical investment in your sleep-related things is the mattress.
What Is The Relationship Between A Mattress And Your Health?
Your body needs at least 7-9 hours of well-rested sleep to function efficiently, and the start to maintaining good health is getting proper sleep. If you develop a habit of remaining sleep-deprived, you can suffer from anxiety, mood swings and other medical conditions, including hypertension, diabetes and weight gain. You can take the first step towards good health by getting good sleep, and for that, you need a good mattress. So be a little cautious while choosing it, even if you decide to buy a mattress online. Your sleep will not be comfortable if your mattress is not optimal.
What Are The Effects Of A Bad Mattress?
While choosing a mattress, it is not just about comfort but also about support. Adverse health effects are seen during bedtime and after, such as-
- Breathlessness and uneven breathing
- Lack of mental concentration
- Poor comfort
- Lower back pain and joint pain due to inadequate support
Whether you decide to buy a mattress online or from a store, make sure it supports all your needs. You can make out a lousy mattress by looking for the following signs-
- Is it dirty and torn?
- Does it have bed bugs?
- Does it have a musty smell?
- Is there an uneven surface, sagging in the middle or other deformities?
A good mattress will facilitate a peaceful sleep and help you stay asleep by providing the required comfort and support. You can choose a bouncy or firm mattress as per your choice.
Which Mattress Is Good For Your Health In India?
There are so many choices available when you decide to buy a mattress online or in a store. But which of them is good for your health? It is okay to be confused, but the mattresses in India will have a good build, quality materials, and medium firmness.
Following tips can help choose the right mattress-
- Ensure that suitable quality materials are used.
- Focus on the build and buy a mattress with at least 6 inches of thickness.
- Orthopaedics suggest that for optimal body support, you should use a mattress with medium thickness and firmness.
One thing to know about the commercialization era is that choices are abundant. So it would help to keep in mind that not all the options you have when you buy a mattress online will be available at the local stores.
Popular types in mattresses include-
- Airbed mattress
- Coir mattress
- Foam mattress
- Latex mattress
- Rebonded foam mattress
- Spring mattress
Amongst so many choices available, especially when you opt to buy a mattress online, which one is the best? Well, this is a personal choice question, but here are some helpful suggestions-
- From a health perspective, a coir mattress is best. It is natural and doesn’t cause any problems.
- Coir mattress has medium firmness, so it is good for your health as well.
- Foam is a product of carbon compound; hence it is not recommended for people who suffer from allergies.
- For optimal support and pressure relief, a memory foam mattress is the best.
- The latex mattress is best from all angles. It is 100% natural, has optimal spine support and medium comfort. But it is expensive, so unless budget is an issue, it is the best fit.
It is your choice to buy a mattress online or in person, but keep all the essential tips in mind.
Guidelines To Choose The Best Mattress
For buying a good health mattress in India, you need to know which type of mattress you prefer. You can base that on sleep position, price, comfort, customer support, brand value, and medical concerns.
Depending on your health and lifestyle, you can choose a mattress. Some people even buy spring mattresses though medically, they are not advised. Side-sleepers usually need a soft-medium firmness mattress to give neck and shoulder support. Overall it is your choice to make.
Clarification Of Doubts And Conclusion
It would be best if you got all your doubts cleared before you buy a mattress. Of course, a memory foam mattress is best because it remembers you through the night and adjusts to your positions with medium firmness. But on the other hand, the spring mattress is most comfortable. Now, what is the price of these mattresses? It depends on quality and size and will also vary a little if you buy a mattress online. Since the ultimate goal is to sleep while maintaining a balance between comfort and support, make a wise choice based on these factors while purchasing a mattress.