What Is in an E-Juice?

You are more likely to find a huge selection of highly colorful pods, bottles, and cartridges that contain vape juice or e-liquid in various vape stores and websites. This e-juice is heated through e-cigarettes and vape rigs, creating an aerosol which the user inhales. Vape juice can come in various flavors such as bubble gum, candies, and children’s cereals.

What is in e-juice?

The e-juice is the liquid used in vaporizers for them to produce vapor. This may contain nicotine or not depending on your own preference. The vaporizer heats the fluid to a temperature of 200 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, which turns the fluid into vapor. This will then be inhaled by the user. 

Flavors are only one element to look for in a vape juice. An e-liquid also contains water, food grade coloring, propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), nicotine strength which is optional. Food grade flavoring is similar to the kind of flavoring that is found in foods. This is safe for consumption and most of the time it is delicious.

Propylene Glycol (PG) is the substance used in many flavorings which help to distribute the taste and food grade flavoring all throughout the e-liquid. PG is often used in vanilla extracts, different types of medicines, and food coloring. On the other hand, VG is a vegetable-based liquid known for being thick and sweet. Both VG and PG compose 90 percent of the contents found in the e-liquid. The remaining 10 percent is composed of the food grade flavoring and nicotine.

How much nicotine is found in an e-juice?

E-liquid contains varying levels of nicotine. Some users also opt for the e juice that has zero nicotine. The nicotine strengths may sometimes vary from one manufacturer to another. The nicotine strength will depend on your individual tolerance. Smokers who switch to vaping often go to higher concentrations of nicotine. Those who smoke lightly would likely go for e-liquid with a lower level of nicotine. The trick is to experiment on the nicotine strength that works well for you. It is recommended to start with a lower level and gradually move up.

What is the difference between the regular and premium e-liquid?

With a premium e-liquid, you can be sure that all its ingredients are safe to be consumed by humans. This means you are guaranteed that you are only inhaling PG, VG, nicotine, and food-grade flavoring. Regular e-liquid, on the other hand, may be cheaper than the premium e-liquid; but it may also have other chemicals that are not safe for humans to consume. It is worth mentioning that with smoking, you can be exposed to more than 4,000 chemicals, of which 43 are known to cause cancer.

How does flavoring concentrate affect one’s total vaping experience?

The delicious taste that one enjoys in vaping is because of the food quality ingredients found in the eliquid. VG and PG bases don’t really have much flavor, until they are mixed with  a couple of food additives. The industry has been eliminating a couple of additives that have been proven safe for consumption but not for inhalation. An example of these is the vape juice that contains diacetyl. Flavorings make up a small percentage of the ejuice, and they are added to the e-liquid to come up with various styles. Food safe flavorings may be combined as one to imitate flavors like cookies, birthday cakes, and others.

How can you choose the right e-juice? 

Choosing an e-juice oftentimes has to do with your purpose for vaping. Most of the time, the choice of e-juice all boils down to flavor, the level of nicotine substitute, and the production of maximum vapor. If you are after the taste of e-juice, you may need to experiment with various flavors. You may also play safe and settle on your favorites. 

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x